Camp is the best way to spend the summer for many people. Whether you've grown up there, you love the outdoors, or you just want a new and different summer job, working at Camp Cedarledge might be just the thing for you. The only requirements are being 18 years of age (16 if you've graduated from the AWIT or CIT program), and having a love of children and the outdoors. It's not for everyone, but most staff members who decide to work at camp quickly develop a love for the people, the places, and the atmosphere of camp. The Girl Scout Council of Greater St. Louis is an equal opportunity employer.
I've compiled a list of jobs at camp, with the people filling them where applicable. I'll only post a person with a job if I know for sure they have been hired.
- Camp Director: Smiles
- Assistant Camp Director: Magoo
- Program Unit Leaders: Indian, Nessie
- Business Manager:
- Office/Trading Post Manager:
- Office Assistants/Green Machine Drivers (2): Thunder,
- Health Services Supervisor: Perky, Ricky,
- Health Assistant:
- Health Aide: Indigo
- Nature Specialist: Lingo
- Sports Specialist: Marco
- Arts & Crafts Specialist: Ciili
- Head Wrangler: Oscar
- Assistant Head Wrangler: CD
- Wranglers (8): Romeo, Kandy, Tigger Tail,
- Waterfront Director: Flounder
- Assistant Waterfront Director: Sapphire
- Lifeguards (6): Gumbo, Smiley, Loofy,
- WIT Director: Jumper
- CIT Director:
- Unit Leaders (12+): Elvira,
- Assistant Unit Leaders/Counselors (24): Turtle, Captain Hook, Disney, Squirrel, Dracula, Sage
If you are interested in applying, here's a link to a page of forms, including the staff application and reference form (3 required). Hiring usually begins in January and continues up through June, though if you have your heart set on a position, it is best to apply early.
If you have news related to jobs, or a question of any sort, please e-mail Indigo! (with the understanding that I have nothing to do with the hiring process whatsoever)
To go back to the main page, just click on the sun!